Low sperm count is when the number of sperms or the quality of spears have being reduced significantly.
Up to a fifth of young men today find themselves with low sperm count, defined as lass than 15 million sperm per millilitre of semen.
It is the cause of infertility in 20% of couples.
This is diagnosed by taking a sample and counting the number of sperms in one mil of semen.
1. Emotional stress.
2. Sexual issues.
4. Lubrication used during sexual intercourse.
5. Overheating- wearing tight fitting underwear.
11. Heavy Metal.
12. Radiation and radiation Therapy.
13. Low semen levels.
15. Undescended testicles.
16. Genetic such as Klinefelter syndrome.
17. Genital infection.
18. Previous Surgery.
19. Anabolic steroid use.
20. Low Gonadotrophin: Hormonal.
21. EMF- Cellphones.
22. Soy base foods since it mimic oestrogen- female hormone.
1. Stop smoking.
2. Weight reduction and management.
3. Lose underwear.
4. Look at ways to reduced stress.
5. Avoid lubricant.
6. Avoid too much riding.
7. Treat impotence.
8. Eat well and correct any malnutrition.
9. Resolved any sexual issues.
10. Treat any heavy metal toxicity.
11. Being the correct environment.
12. Gonadotrophin drugs.
13. Surgery for Varicocele.
Successful treatments for low sperm count in men have arisen from simple treatments like switching to a high protein diet, low fat diet, and timing the intercourse.
Ejaculating less may lead to stronger sperm.
Taking nutritional supplements and vitamins along with anti-oxidants may increase sperm count.
You should also ensure that you look after your bodies by making sure you neither overweight or underweight.
You should also increase your Zinc, coQ10, Vitamin E, Folic acid, B12, Vitamin C, L-Carnitine and selenium intake.
AntiAnti-oxidants are one of the most important components to having healthy fertility that every man and woman need to use and focus on. It protects the sperm from free radicle damaging the DNA of sperms.
You can also use herbs like Ginseng and others.
IVF treatment should be offered to couples if the male has low sperm count.
If you have any questions please let me know.