What is it?
It is cancer of the cervix which is the mouth of the womb.
It tend to invade surrounding tissue or spread to other parts of the body.
1. Vaginal bleed.
2. Pelvic pain.
3. Pain during sexual intercourse.
4. Post sex bleeding.
5. Vaginal discharge.
It is due to infection with the human papilloma virus- HPV; more than 90% of the patient.
Smoking has also being link with Cervical cancer.
1. Squamous cell carcinoma 90%
2. Adenocarcinoma 10%
1. This is done mainly via biopsy.
1. Good sexual hygiene.
2. HPV Vaccine.
3. Use of condoms
4. Cervical screening via pap smear.
5. Nutrition; vitamins A, B, C and E.
Before treatment is started the cancer has to be stage.
This depends on the staging of the cancer. It tell how severe is the cancer.
If you have any questions please let me know.