Breast cancer is one of the leading cancer in the world. In the UK about 48,000 women get breast cancer each year.
Causes of breast cancer:
2. Family history
3. Previous diagnosis of breast cancer
4. Previous benign breast lump
5. Breast density
6. Exposure to oestrogen
7. Being overweight
8. Being tall
11. Hormone replacement therapy
Symptoms of breast cancer are:
1. A lump or an area of thickened tissue in either breast
2. A change in the size or shape of one or both breast
3. Discharge from nipples
4. A lump or swelling in either armpits once there is no infection in your upper limbs
5. Dimpling on the skin of your breast
6. A rash on or around your nipple
7. Change in the appearance of your nipple, such as becoming sunken into your breast
8. Pain in either of your breast or armpits not related to your periods.
The types of breast cancers are invasive and non-invasive.
There is also Paget’s disease of the breast.
High risk persons should be offered screening and genetic testing.
Age between 50-70 should be screen every three years.
Treatment of breast cancer
Breast cancer is treated with a combination of surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
Some breast cancers may be treated using biological or hormone treatment.
Herbal treatment of breast cancer
2. Berbers family
5. Milk thistle