A migraine is a severe headache that is throbbing in nature. It is usually to the front or on one side of the head.
It may be associated with nausea and sensitivity to light.
The satges of migraine are : 1. Prodromal.
3. Headache stage.
4. Resolution stage.
5. Postdromal stage or Recovery phase.
Hormones may be the reason why migraines affect more women than men. Some women finds that it is more frequent around the time of their periods.
It usually occur in young adults before age 40. However it is possible for it to begin afer age 40.
It affects each individual differently.
Causes of Migraine:
2. Change in sleep patterns and tiredness
3. Poor posture or tension in your neck and shoulders
4. Certain food or drink – commonly chocolate, cheese, alcohol, caffeine
5. Loud noises
6. Bright or flickering lights
8.Strenuous exercise if you’re not used to it
9. kipping meals
10. Not drinking enough fluid
Treatment involves both non- medical and medical.
The key prevention is trying to avoid the trigering factos. Regualer exercise also help prevent migraine.
Complications of migraine are depression, anxiety, and panic disorders.
All for your information.